Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The adventures with Parker




So since Brynn started school yesterday, Parker and I are getting back into our morning routine like last year. Yesterday since he was sleeping when I took Brynn to school it was a little different. I got home and put my running clothes on, we went to a new location to run. It was a great place although there was a ton of people walking the trail so, it made it difficult at times to pass. So, anyway, there are three parks/playgrounds that are on this trail. We stopped at all three. Parker did a lot of playing and then we went feather hunting. He found a goose feather in the playground and then he needed to find some for Brynn. We found the geese and Parker said "lets just go over and pull their feathers out and take them home" I told him, "I don't think that's a good idea, it would hurt the geese and they would probably bite us". He decided he just wanted to see if they would let him pet them. Again I told him I didn't think they would like that much. Still he wanted to get close to them. As he walked closer and closer to them, they didn't move, he got about two feet from them and they all (probably 8 total) pop their heads up and stare Parker down. It scared the crap out of him and he came running back. He said those gooses are mean.




So today we went for our run right after dropping Brynn off. We stopped half way into my run at the park. He played and played. Then he hops on a swing and I'm pushing him. Another lady and her daughter show up.


*Note* we saw this lady last week at the school and I wasn't sure if she was a man or a woman because of her manly features and her very lush beard, no man I know could grown one like she has going on. The only thing that made me realize she was a she was the fact she has boobs and was wearing pink.


So anyway, I know this probably isn't going to be good if they come close. Well, just my luck. They come right over, she puts her daughter on the swing next to Parker and I can almost see the wheels turning in Parker's head. He is just staring and I'm just waiting.... then it comes. He says "Mommy why does that girls Mom have a big ol hairy beard? Is she like a Mommy and a Daddy mixed together?" OH MY GOSH! What do I say?! I was in shock, had no clue what to do or say. The lady clearly heard as did everyone else in a mile radius. Luckily, Parker didn't press for answers. I just continued to push him on the swing and the lady and her daughter left soon after. So embarassing but, so funny at the same time. I love that kid, he says what's on his mind no matter where you are.




I wonder what tomorrow will bring.....

1 comment:

Michael and Anjoli said...

This is hilarious. I read this to Mike and he laughed so hard. I wish you had a picture of the lady that would be great!!