*Playing at her school playground*
*Mommy's big helper*
*Sick boy, came home from school with a fever and passed out*
*Goober helping Dad with the hot tub*
*The monkeys walking to school on Parker's first day*This is the fourth week of school for Brynn and the third for Parker. It's been crazy already. I really hope things settle down someday. The second week of school Brynn started having problems with her asthma... something we don't have very many issues with unless she's not using her preventative medications. She had been using her inhaler at school quite a bit that week. I called her asthma doctor and we headed in for a checkup. Turns out her lung function was extremely low so, she's back on twice a day nebulizer treatments until we go back next Monday to see what we are going to change if anything.
Then Parker comes home from preschool on his third day with a fever and runny nose. Great. He's finally getting over the cold, he passed it on to me. It's a pretty bad one. So, with Parker and I both having colds I figured it was only time until Brynn caught it.
Last Thursday was Brynn's 6 week post op appointment with the ENT. He said she looked great and that we wouldn't need to see him for six months and we are holding off on the allergy shots since the nasal sprays and rinses seem to be working. I had told him that Brynn had been mentioning her ears felt plugged again but, he said they looked good. Yippee. Well we thought Yippee.
Friday I take Brynn to school and she tells me as we are waiting in her class line that her ear hurts. I figured she was just saying it to get to come home because she was nervous about her first real test in school. Well, when she came home her ear was draining yellowish fluid. So, we started the ear drops her ENT had given us after her tube surgery. By Sunday her ear was draining a lot of the fluid and was really plugged. I decided to take her to the urgent care at her pediatricians office just to get it looked at. He said it is really badly infected but, the tube is keeping up with it right now. He said to continue the drops and if it's still draining on Wednesday to come back or if the pain gets worse. He said he was worried with the amount of fluid that was built up behind the tube that the tube might not be able to keep up. So, here we are on Wednesday, her ear is still draining like crazy, you can pull her ear lobe and actually see her ear drum/ tube/ and the infected part of the drum, it looks bad and her left ear is now feeling plugged. I called her ENT yesterday morning to see if he wanted to see her or what. He called me back today and said he wants to see her tomorrow to suction out her eardrum. Should be interesting. I'll update with what exactly he does. I just wish we could get her healthy.
Otherwise, school is going great. Brynn loves her teacher and is doing above grade level work already. She had her first spelling test on Friday and got 100%. I am one proud Momma. Her teacher will be leaving in March, since she's pregnant, so she won't have a full year with the same teacher. She's made a bunch of new friends, one of them lives right down the street from us. Brynn started ballet again and is loving it. One of the girls in her school class is also in ballet with her so, they were both pretty excited. Parker is loving preschool. His teachers are great. He is so excited on days he gets to go, they do some great activities with them. They are a very family involved school. We had a little oreintation before school started and this Friday they are having a potluck dinner for everyone. Parker has made a buddy, his name is Tyson, and all we hear about is Tyson now. It's pretty funny. He and Tyson did get into trouble and both got time out on Monday for taking the play food from the girls. Boys I tell ya.
Anywho, that pretty much sums up what our last few weeks have involved.

No comments:
Post a Comment