Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Frusteration

Well the last two days have definitely stressed me out. First off, Brynn has been having asthma problems and the doctors have told us on and off since she was two that she was possibly asthmatic. Well I wanted a for sure answer. I did a little research and found an allergy and asthma clinic in Fremont. I called them yesterday morning and they got her in yesterday afternoon. So we drove to Fremont, they did a breathing test with her and her lung function wasn't great (note she is already on an asthma preventative inhaler) so her numbers were in the 70's. The doctor had her do a breathing treatment with the nebulizer and then we waited ten minutes and re-did the test. Her number's were in the 90's.

Since I'm one of those parents and wanted to believe there was still a chance that she didn't have it, I asked "so does she have asthma?" The doctor said without a doubt. Not what I wanted to hear. They sent us home with a nebulizer and two medications for her to use twice a day to hopefully get it under control. The doctor said eventually we'll get her on inhalers but, this way is better to make sure it gets to her lungs. So this means making her sit for 15 minutes with the tube in her mouth just breathing. Luckily she likes watching tv, haha.

We head back next Monday for allergy testing. The doctor's wanted to check and see if she's got any serious allergies so we can make sure they aren't causing more of an issue with the asthma. Monday should be real fun for us, not! I'm trying to think of bribery already so that she doesn't go crazy on them poking her.

Then onto me... I have been avoiding and denying I have a real knee issue from running. So much so that I've completely tried to ignore there was something wrong when I can't walk down the stairs without feeling like my leg is getting ripped off. Well I went for a short run on Sunday, made it three miles and had horrible pain, well I pushed through it and went four miles and paid for it. I barely could walk on it the rest of the day. It's still hurting today. I went to the doctor this morning and he's thinking it's patellar femoral syndrome aka runner's knee. He said I have symptoms of that and of a miniscus tear but, he wants to do the treatment for the runner's knee and hopefully that'll fix it since if it is a tear it requires surgery. So, I'm not to run for a few weeks and going to physical therapy twice a week. UGHH! So annoying since running has been my addiction and I WILL be running 10 miles in March. Darn thing better heal soon!

1 comment:

just us said...

Poor Brynn. Asthma is no fun. I bet she starts feeling better now though. . .with all her meds and treatments. Hopefully she'll grow out of it. Keep up the good work momma.