Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Plants, Smores, and More

Side yard, still needs completed


Next project, more concrete



Our planting project complete





We had a great few days off. Monday we had a busy day with Brynn. She had her 5 year checkup at the doctors office. It went well. She's still an amazon woman and over the 100th percentile for height. She's still very skinny for how tall she is only in the 35th percentile. None of that was a suprise to us. The big suprise was how many shots they gave her. We were expecting maybe three at the most. Well five shots and a finger prick later we were done. She did really well with it. The finger prick she didn't react to at all. The first three shots in one arm, she just hid her head in my chest. She thought she was done when they started on the other arm. Then the tears came rolling and she kept saying that she didn't need to get these shots she just wouldn't go to kindergarten. It was sad but, afterward we took her to get frozen yogurt at this cool place we found. Then she had ballet and tap later in the day. She did really well. We've been having to tell her to calm down during dance class since she is a wild woman with her little friends. She was pretty reserved throughout class, maybe it was the shots.
Tuesday we went to our most visited stores Lowe's and Home Depot. We got plants to put in our raised planter in the backyard and we got a firepit too. We planted all the plants while the kids played in the sprinkler that Brynn got from Aunt Sadie and Uncle Jeff for her birthday. When we got done planting Chris started a fire so we could have smores. By the time we started the smores it was cold and windy. I didn't even want to be outside but, I bundled up and went out for the fun. Chris laughed at me the whole time, he said I really looked like I was camping. We enjoyed our smores and came inside and put the kids to bed. Chris and I stayed up and played some Mario Brothers. It was so much fun, I haven't played video games in so long. There's something about Mario though...
Wednesday we took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese's for lunch. We promised Brynn we'd go there around her birthday so, today was the day. We had our stale pizza and played plenty of games and won some silly little prizes. The kids had a blast. Afterward, we headed back to Lowe's for woodchips and drip system stuff. I put the kids down for nap and Chris got to work while I went to the gym. This evening we barbequed in the backyard since it was still a little warm out. After dinner we loaded Parker in the stroller, Brynn on her bike, the dogs on their leashes and headed out for a family walk. It was great. Max did really well on a leash which was good since I didn't want Chris to go psycho and chuck the poor little guy all over the neighborhood. Bert even was good on his leash, he didn't pull or anything. It was a perfect walk.







3 comments:

just us said...

I love how you described Brynn as "Amazon". I would describe it as "future runway model". GO Brynn for being brave on all those shots!!!Kindergarten. . .hERe YOu CoME!!!

Sarah said...

Your backyard is looking awesome! I wish i had that motivation, mine is still bark and now some weeds, lol.

Kelsey Marchi said...

The yard looks awesome!