Parker enjoying the sun and wearin' Daddy's police car hat as Parker calls it.
Brynn shooting me with her bubble gun
Look at all the candy eggs
Parker likes to get into his eggs
The kiddos after their little hunt this morning
Brynn and her favorite pony. How did the Easter Bunny know she liked ponies... weird
Parker and his dinedoor (dinosaur) glasses and bubble blower
Checking out what they found at the City Easter Hunt This year I feel like we have had a perfect Easter so far. Last year it was pretty much just another day since we were shacked up in an apartment in Sacramento and Chris had only the weekend. We didn't do anything other than give the kids easter baskets. I felt like such a slacker. So, this year I was going to make up for last year. Yesterday the festivities started. They have a huge easter carnival thing at the high school here in town. I thought what a great thing to do with the kids while Chris was sleeping. So, off we were at 10 am so, we could make it for the 4-5 year old easter egg hunt. We got there and I have to say I was so impressed with how much stuff there was. They had about 25-30 inflatable bouncer things, the football field was covered in eggs, they had a petting zoo, pony rides, cotton candy, hot dogs, and a whole separate area for 0-3 year olds to hunt eggs. We started with the egg hunt for Brynn. There were so many people. We didn't get any eggs on that hunt. The guy told us to do the next age group but, make sure to hang onto Brynn so, she didn't get trampled. Scary! So, we went and did Parker's hunt and petted the animals while the set up the field again for the next age group hunt. We got back for the 6-7 year hunt. Brynn was clinging to my leg, shaking, and on the verge of crying. I told her that if she wanted to find eggs she was going to have to let go of my leg a little. Needless to say, she didn't get any eggs again and was crying hysterically. We decided to go home. I asked her what was wrong and she thought she was going to loose me and didn't like being stuck in all the people. So, we've expirenced a pretty severe panic attack from her now. It was really sad, but I totally understand. All the people were surrounding her and she felt trapped. So maybe the big Easter egg hunt wasn't such a great idea afterall.
We got home and decided to make some easter cookies to make her feel better. It helped. After Chris left for work we headed to the store to get some vinegar so we could dye eggs. We stopped at McDonald's for Happy Meals (Yuck, I know) but, it's what Brynn wanted as her treat since she didn't get eggs at the hunt. We got home they had their Crappy Meals and we started dying some eggs. It was fun to watch them. They dumped all the eggs in the dye and just left them. Brynn put stickers on all of them after they dried. We watched the movie Bolt and ate some cookies for dessert. Then it was off to bed.
Once they were asleep, my work began. I finished up their baskets, filled and hid the candy eggs outside. I have to get to the gym since I ate about just as much candy as I put in the eggs. Then I went to bed. This morning the kids slept in, weird I know. I heard Brynn out in the living room, then I heard her run back upstairs. She woke Parker up and then I decided to get out of bed before Parker peed his pants. I got them and we headed downstairs to see what the Bunny brought.
So, they tore into their easter baskets eating tons of candy. I made them take a break to eat some bunny shaped pancakes I made. I was stalling on the egg hunt so, maybe Chris could be a part of some of the festivities. Unfortunately I could only stall so long. Chris ended up sleeping through the hunt but, it's alright the kids had a great time and Chris needed his sleep since he had to work late this morning.
Once he got up, I made egg salad sandwiches since we have so many hardboiled eggs. They were pretty tasty I have to admit. We hung out in the backyard until Chris had to head back to work. The kids took their nap and quiet time. We are heading to my aunt's house for Easter dinner so, that I don't have to cook for just me and the kids. Thanks Aunt Sherry!
My dad will be coming into town tonight for the week. He's got a class he's going to down here so, he'll be staying with us. Yippie! Then on Friday the kids and I are headed for Humboldt for six days. Busy busy!



No comments:
Post a Comment