Saturday, April 25, 2009

Go Red Rhinos!!!
















I signed her up about two weeks ago to play soccer through the YMCA here. I wasn't sure what to expect from my girly girl. When we got there she was very shy and timid and wouldn't let go of my leg. She warmed up to one of the coaches and then was having a good time. She had no clue what she was supposed to be doing, I guess it's because neither Chris or I are very into sports. They taught them the basics of the game, did some little drills with them, and played a game against the other team. It was pretty cute to watch. The age group is 3-6. Most of the kids are 5 though, so it's perfect for her. She is on the Red Rhinos and the other team is the Green Tigers. Can you tell 5 year olds picked the team names? So anyway, when they first started the game Brynn just stood there watching. Her coach had to get her going and then she really got into it. She had a blast. When the game was over I could tell something was up. I asked her if she had fun and she said yes but, I noticed she was about to cry. I asked what was wrong and she said she accidently kicked another kid when she stole the ball. I told her that's why they all wear shin guards and then she really understood. I was just so happy that she enjoyed herself and is excited about going back next week. Another plus is that the games are all played at the park right on the corner of our street.... woohoo no driving and we can leave 5 minutes before it starts!

4 comments:

just us said...

Go Brynn! You are one HOT soccer chick!!

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

I'm so glad that Brynn had fun. It's sweet that she felt bad about kicking the other kid. When Greg played, he probably would have been mad for not kicking the other kid harder. J/K! I can't wait to sign up Landon and Cambria for the fall season. Although, I'm very worried to because Greg works weekend Graves and I'll have the new baby. 4 kids, no husband, how will I ever survive?

Kelsey Marchi said...

That is cuter than cute!