Monday, March 30, 2009

Warm weather and WINDY!!







Yet another week has past already. The weeks are flying by. We've already been in our house for a month. A MONTH!! Wow. Anyway, we've been blessed with warm weather. It's been so nice to have it sunny and in the upper 70's the last week. Yesterday the wind came and ruined it... grrr. Let me tell you the wind storm was so loud, it sounded like a tornado outside my bedroom all night. I got up to look in the backyard and it looked like a sandstorm in the desert. This morning I opened the curtains to find all of Chris' concrete work covered in a blanket of sand. I guess I'll have to go out and sweep in a bit. The wind has finally died down and now it's warm outside again. Chris is sleeping away right now. He's on days off for three. Which will be nice.






The kids and I had a really rough day yesterday. We all didn't sleep very good Saturday and Parker got up at 5:30am yesterday morning so, that made for a rough morning. I have to say having Parker potty trained is awesome in most aspects expect the sleep department. He wakes up to go pee, which is great but, he's still in his crib so, I have to run upstairs in the middle of the night take him to the bathroom and get him back to bed and listen to him cry and whine because he wants me to put him in bed with me. Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked that he's done so well with all the potty training and he is completely out of diapers, it's just a lot of work.






On to Brynn.... we had her second swim lesson and I'm still not impressed. It was better this time but, not great. He did have her practicing her freestyle swimming which was good but, he doesn't really know how to talk to a kid and get them to understand. He kept telling Brynn to do things to practice at the wall and then he'd tell her to swim and it just wasn't clicking. I was having a hard time figuring out what he wanted her to do also. So, I'm looking into the same swim school Brynn went to in Fremont, just in Livermore. It's about a thirty minute drive from here but, she loved it and I loved it so why not. I'm also going to put Parker in swimming lessons there as long as I can get them to be at the same time, otherwise it'll have to wait until he can be in a class without a parent. Anyway, Brynn had her ballet/tap class on Monday and we got to see what her costume will look like for her recital. It's a cute pink dress with a white sash. She was stoked. They'll be doing a tap dance for the recital which she's also really happy about. There's something about slamming those tap shoes on the floor that's really fun.






On another note, we got an unexpected bill in the mail the other day. It was for our expensive child, Parker from when he fell off the chair after Christmas and went unconcious and was taken by ambulance to Oakland Children's Hospital. Well we had already paid the ambulance bill, which we expected to be high since they drove us 25 miles. That was a good $500 after insurance had covered the other $4500. The bill we got was from the hospital. I was figuring maybe at the most the same as the ambulance. I almost had heart failure when I opened the envelope. $11,000!!!! WHAT!? Luckily the insurance was going to pick up majority of it but, we still had a payment of $700. I couldn't figure out why it would be so expensive, we only saw two doctors and two nurses the entire 6 hours we were there. He wasn't hooked up to anything after the first hour. Shoot childbirth in a normal situation is cheaper than that, not that I would know. So, I called the billing department. The lady was very nice, she said that the reason it was so high is because they had to "alert" the trauma team. ALERT? Yeah so, since they had to tell them they "might" be needed, we had to pay the price of a full on trauma. Insane! The lady did reduce our bill by 20% since I was willing to pay it in full so, I didn't have to deal with payments. That helped a little but, seriously we have put all of our money toward this house in the last month and to get that, was just crappy. It added some crazy stress to my day. Oh well, enough complaining, it's done, it's overwith and Parker has promised that he'll be good and won't do any craziness again! Haha, yeah right. Anyone who knows Parker knows that he is severly accident prone especially considering he tumbled down the stairs the other day and I thought we were headed to the hospital with a broken foot. Luckily, it only bothered him for the rest of the day. The next morning he wasn't limping but, still said it hurt. He's fine now. That child sure keeps us on our toes.






Well, we are hoping for an uneventful few days off and then my brother and his family are coming this weekend so, that will be exciting.






No comments: