Sunday, January 4, 2009
Here's the deal
So, we've had Parker do his whole fall down, hit his head, go unconcious, stop breathing, and then finally come back around three times now. He did it again on New Year's Day. Luckily it was a lot shorter than the other two times but, still just as scary. We took him to the doctor Friday morning. The doctor is very concerned with it since he's not exhibiting the signs of this just being a case of breath holding. He said that the fact that when Parker comes back around he doesn't act like himself and is very groggy and is hard to keep awake, if even possible. Most the time we can get him to stay awake with a lot of bugging him for maybe a half hour when he just doesn't care anymore and goes to sleep for about two-four hours. So, the doctor is thinking something more is going on. He did some basic muscle reflex tests and nerve tests on him just to make sure that no damage had been done from these episodes. Those turned out good. He asked if there was family history of seizures on either side, none of those. I'm hoping that's not where this is going. He said that Parker had been on his mind since we were there Tuesday and now he's more on his mind now with the last incident. He said that he was going to talk with a neurologist to see what they wanted to do next. So, we are waiting to hear back from him. He said we should hear from him by Wednesday and if we don't to call. I'll update more when I hear something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Goodness Gracious mama! Your kids are going to put you in premature aging! I hope Parker is ok! Poor little guy!
Thanx for the update. Poor Parker! All I have to say is you're one tough MOMMA!! If you need ANYTHING please let me know!!!
Wow! I'm at a loss of words for what you've had to deal with in regards to both of your kids. I'm so sorry. I'm glad things keep coming back ok. Hopefully Brynn has passed the penny by now. Ouch if she has! Hopefully Parker will continue to bring back good results.
Post a Comment