Thursday, January 29, 2009

We will be moving AGAIN!!!!

Parker just loves car rides....
Brynn, little miss "Are we there yet?"

Part of the Master bedroom


A view into the master bath and closet, not very good pic

Entry way for the Master bedroom

Laundry room

The loft upstairs

Hallway upstairs, Brynn and Parker's rooms are on the left, kid bathroom on the right, desk at the end of the hallway

Guest bedroom and bathroom

The kitchen
View from the entryway, kitchen and living room
The front of the house
(We'll post better pictures when we go back next week)

Yesterday when I got done at the gym, I got in the car and checked my cell phone. There's a text from Chris that says "check your voicemail", so being a good wife I do as I'm told (haha), it was our realtor, he says "CONGRATULATIONS, Katie they excepted your offer". He sounded more excited then we would have, but hey now he's getting some money out of us =) So, anyway, we got a really nice house. It's almost 3600 square feet, yes it will be rather empty for a long time since we don't have enough furniture to fill it just yet. There is five bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, and a three car garage(the one thing Chris truely wanted). There is a brand new park on the corner of the street that is huge, which I'm totally excited about. That's the one thing I truely miss about Sacramento, is the park that was right around the corner from our apartment. So, now we will have the park again. The elementary school is about two blocks from the house, so that's another plus for the fall when Brynn starts kindergarten. We have some painting to do in the house since the people who owned it last really liked a lot of color... they must have been portuguese... haha! Chris says he could live with all the color but, there are some rooms that are very bright and multiple colors. We will be painting some but, leaving some the way they are. The carpets need a good steamcleaning and we need to put in some lights where some were taken out. Overall, for a house that was foreclosed the former owners didn't trash it as bad as most houses we looked at. So, anyway, escrow is supposed to close on or before March 6th. The loan guy said that most likely it'll close around three weeks from now. Woohoo! Now comes the not so fun part, packing the house and moving.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That is so awesome katie! its beautiful, congrats!!!!

Eava said...

Know you have two beautiful houses! I'm super jealous!

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

Congrats! The house looks amazing from the pics that you shared. Good luck with packing. Let me know how it goes. I've never done it before and we are hoping to move in a year or so.