Sprinkler fun
Drinking from the hose
Splashing in the pool
Pretty girlSleepy boy
So, the last three days there has been a heat wave down here. The temperatures have been in the upper 90's to low 100's. Normally we could survive with no problem but, it's different not having AC. So our house has been just as hot inside as the weather outside. Parker hasn't napped the last two days because he is too warm which has made for a grumpy boy. We've been playing outside in the sprinklers and in the pool to keep cool. We made fruit smoothies today for an afternoon treat. The kids haven't had much of an appetite with the heat so, I figured it would be a good way to get something healthy in them. Don't get me wrong we love the weather, but some AC would have been nice. Chris is on his last 8 hour shift before he switches to 12's on Monday. We are looking forward to it but, at the same time it's just another change that we'll have to adjust to. This past week has taken forever! With him working from 2pm to 10pm it has made our days very short with him. He has been leaving at 12pm to head for work so, we've had about three hours in the morning with him. I have really noticed it in the kids. Brynn keeps thinking that Chris is headed back to the academy when he leaves and she has had a really rough week because she understands that he's going to work but, doesn't understand that it's only for the day. Parker loves giving Daddy kisses and hugs before he leaves but, once he walks out the front door Parker turns into a mess.... trying to get out of the front door, hitting his head on the door. I have decided that the kids don't like me anymore =(. I know it's just because I'm with them all day every day so, to have Daddy around is wonderful. I agree with them! On another note, I'm starting my classes at the college on Tuesday. I'm pretty excited about it but, also wondering how it will be since it's online. I also have a job opportunity if I want it. I called a Nanny agency looking for an on call nanny for nights that Chris and I want to go out to dinner or little things like that. The owner and I got to talking and she mentioned that they had an opening for someone who has worked in law enforcement to do the reference checks on potiental nannies. She said the hours would be very flexible and possibly could do some of it from home. I'm really interested in doing it because the extra income would be nice and I've been having that itch to get out and do something for awhile. This would be perfect since they aren't asking much of me, just get on the phone and get some information about a person... simple enough I'm on the phone all the time so, I'm half way there,right?! Haha! Well I'll keep you all posted with our new adventures!

No comments:
Post a Comment