Parker at the farm, watching Brynn ride the horses
My little runt, looking at the goats
Brynn sporting her CHP hat while planting flowers
Brynn and Grammy planting flowers
Hard at work... notice two computers, a bit overkill I must say.... haha!
My favorite picture at the moment, one of the loving moments they share, in their love/hate relationship.
Brynn feeding the goatie goats
Brynn ready to ride!Well, our live's have been turned upside down once again.... I imagined once the academy was over life would turn back into normal, well I guess I should've listened to all the other CHP wives that have already been through this. They all said.... be prepared break in is worse than the academy. I brushed it off, like yeah right nothing could be harder, at least I'll get to have my husband around again. Well, let me tell you, this is so much harder. Yeah I get to see him everyday but, he is very busy all the time until he goes to bed. He's worked the last five days until two. Most jobs you figure, once it's two oclock they are done for the day, WRONG! Not during "break in". He gets home about three and is busy typing reports the rest of the day. I feel bad for him since he is so busy and has very little time to do much else. He's making such a sacrifice for us and I'm very thankful for him. He's doing really well for his first week of break in, his training officer even said that if he continues to do how he's done so far that he may be one of the very few people that actually enjoy break in. He's loving the job. He said he could do traffic all day. He's been to three crashes in the last three days. I'm really glad he's enjoying it already because if it were really hard on him like it normally is, it would make everything so much harder. On to the kids.... Today one of my new friends (woohoo I have a friend) and the kids and I went to this farm across the bay in Half Moon Bay where they have pony rides, train rides, and a petting zoo. Let me tell you, it was so nice to get out and go on an adventure with a friend. The kids had a lot of fun too. Brynn could have rode the horses all day long if I would have let her. Parker just enjoyed seeing the animals, he didn't want to get to close. We went to lunch at this little place in town and then we headed home. It was really fun although, I think I made Amber change her mind about having kids. Whoopsie! The kids just were tired and as most of us know by now Parker doesn't like the car at all and that's when the squawking eagle comes out. When we got home, our landlord was here finishing the backyard. Finally we have grass and some plants!!! It looks so nice, he has a few other things to do before it's completely finished but, it looks really good. Oh we got our dog back from my mom on Thursday. My mom and step dad traveled down to bring us Bert. The kids were so happy to have our dog back. The poor dog has been mauled by the kids since he got here. Oh well, he doesn't seem to mind too much. The kids planted flowers with my mom and John on Friday. They were really cute trying to help. I have been looking for a job to do from home since we got down here and Chris told me rather than working I should go back to school, since that's what he would do if he didn't work. So, I'm going to take a few classes this semester and hopefully get back into the swing of things someday. I'm looking forward to it now, I just have to go see the counselor at the college to ge it all scored away. So anyway, we had a an eventful week and now Chris has two days off and hopefully we'll get some time to do nothing.
1 comment:
I saw your blog while on Missy's. My husband also had a hard break-in and academy experience. My husband's brother was in your husband's class I think. Everyone's experiences are different but all I can say is that ours got much better as time went on. My husband loves his job-especially the office he is in now. The best part will be when your husband is off the one year probation. Then you will finally be relieved! I have also noticed that my husband no longer writes reports at home. :) The pic of your husband in front of two computers brought back some memories for me.
Post a Comment