Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April Happenings


The long drive to "Redwood City"
Parker and Og the Frog

At Breakfast at Disneyland
Us on Easter
Easter Morning
Our normal shot at Disneyland
Cuties on Easter
My favorite three
Brynn's 8th birthday dessert

Happy Birthday French Toast before school
My babies and I
Ice cream face
Breakfast before Disneyland
Rock climbing


Boy rock climbing


Riding the otter













Brynn on Thunder Mountain




On the rocking fariswheel





Riding the sea lion



-Parker's soccer was supposed to be over but, since two games were rained out they decided to let them play the first Saturday. Parker wasn't too excited to go but, he made a goal,  he got his trophy and a couple other goodies. So that made it well worth it.

- We had Easter with just us. It was a nice day at home with the four of us. We had a nice little easter egg hunt. Chris and I made a ham with all the fixings. We ate candy and played in the backyard.

- I ran a one mile race just for fun. It was free and I wanted to see how fast I could do a mile. I came in at 7 minutes 8 seconds. I'm sure I could've it faster but, I kind of syched myself out and thought I was going a lot slower than I was. It was fun though. Chris and the kids came to watch me. Brynn has decided she wants to be a runner now.

- We had Brynn's birthday party. We did it at the gymnastics place again. About 9 kids came. They had a really good time. Brynn got a lot of cool stuff and she was so happy all her friends got to come. Chris' parents and his brother and family came over for the party.

-Parker found a toad in the backyard in an old gofer hole. We brought him in and made him a house. His name was Og, Og the frog. We released him back to the wild just before we left on our trip.

-The transfer list came out at Chris' work and we were sad to see that his name wasn't on the list. So, here's to living separate and lots of driving for Chris until at least February or March of next year. It sucks but, it is what it is.

- Chris had a week off from work. It was really nice since he got to be home for Brynn's actual birthday. We suprised the kids with a trip to Disneyland, the weekend after Brynn's birthday. They had no clue. We told them we were going to Chris' work for the weekend. We drove all the way to Los Angeles. Brynn kept saying "wow Daddy has to drive so far for work". Then she saw a road sign that said Los Angeles and asked why it said that. Chris told her it was because we were going south and eventually if we stayed on that highway we'd get to Los Angeles. She bought it. She was so exhausted that I don't think she really questioned it much. Then we got to Disneyland Dr. She asked why it said that. Chris said "oh they have a Disney store over there". She didn't question it. All this time I am dying laughing. We got to the hotel. Got in the room. You could tell she thought she knew but, she didn't believe it because we said we were going to Redwood City. Then she sees the paper the front desk gave us that had a map of the Disneyland Resort on it. She asked why it was on there. Chris took it from her and said "I don't know, they give it to everyone". So, we went to bed. Neither kid knew we were truely there.
The next morning we were walking to breakfast and I told Chris get the camera ready to record. We were walking the monorail is right in front of us. Brynn says "we are at Disneyland", no real excitement just a comment. I said "what". She said I know we are at Disneyland. She got a huge grin on her face. The camera had turned off so we didn't get the intial reaction on video. Then Chris started recording. He asked Brynn where we were, she said "We're at Disneyland" then he asks Parker where we were, he said "We are at Redwood City" the kid didn't catch on for a minute or two.
Then at breakfast we were talking and the kids were so excited about being at Disneyland. Then all of a sudden Brynn starts crying. I asked her what was wrong. She said "I wrote in my journal at school that we were going to Redwood City and I told everyone we were going to Redwood City and it's all wrong!" I asked her if we should get in the car and go to Redwood City so her journal would be right, she said no. She was so worried that her journal was wrong. Silly girl.
The rest of the trip was great! This was our first trip that we were not going to get a stroller and the kids would walk the whole time. They did it. There was no complaining and no meltdowns. I was shocked. We were on our feet from 8:00am until 9 or 10pm both days. They did awesome.

- That was April! Now onto May. Parker will be having his surgery this coming Thursday. Kind of nervous about it since he doesn't handle pain like Brynn does. I'll let ya all know how it goes =)

No comments: