They won't all fit in there for long.
Best Cousins =)
Let's just say hopefully April is less crazy as March. The first week was pretty uneventful, they way I like things. Then we had a head lice scare. I was getting Brynn ready for school and I noticed a bug in her hair. I had never seen headlice before so I had no clue. I looked online and yep it was a lice bug. EWWW! I had been contemplating keeping her home from school that morning because she was running a slight fever and had a cough but, she'd missed too much school already. The lice confirmed she was not going to school. I freaked out, woke Chris up, who needed to be sleeping to get ready to work that night, told him I was heading to the store to get lice stuff and the kids were staying home. So after the whole lice treatment and combing through her hair for hours, the one bug is all we found. Thank goodness! So, I called the school, talked to the nurse and she was going to check Brynn's friend that was here a few days before this. She called me back and said the friend didn't have any nits. Ok. So, our house got cleaned from top to bottom, the kids and I treated for lice (even though Brynn was the only one with a bug), and I continued to comb through her hair twice a day. I DON'T DO BUGS! This was a Monday.
On Tuesday that week, I got Brynn up for school. She really sounds sick but, I'm going to send her. We already got a letter for her missing to much school and a request for a doctor's note if she misses more. I sprayed her hair in the sink, like normal. Then go to sit her up and she looks really pale and says everything is going black. I told her I was going to get her to the couch and she'd feel better. Well she ended up going completely limp on me and passed out. She came back quick but, it scared the crap out of me. I called the doctor and they said bring her in. I'm thinking yeah she's got a cold and a fever. Well I was wrong. She had influenza A, which she shouldn't be able to get since she had the flu shot. The doctor said they only see one case maybe two that someone catches the flu after the flu shot. If anyone is going to do it, it's Brynn. She had that and mild pneumonia and the doctor was tempted to hospitalize her. I told him that if we could just go home I'd make sure to get all the medications in her and if anything changed we'd come back. He let us go home but, basically put us all on house arrest. Brynn and Parker were not to attend school the rest of the week so we didn't spread it. He said Brynn wouldn't feel up to going to school anyway since she was probably going to get worse before she got better.
Wednesday, Brynn laid on the couch all day. Never moved. It was horrible. That night, Parker woke up screaming. I couldn't get him to tell me what was wrong but, I knew. He spiked a fever 103.5 and then fell asleep. We slept maybe an hour that night.
Thursday, Chris and I were supposed to be heading to Tahoe with friends. Wasn't sure that was going to happen with the kids feeling like they did. I got Parker into the doctor. His ears were really infected and influenza A. They said to look into having him see an ENT for his ears. We got medication in him and he seemed a little better. Brynn was doing better and was off the couch. Chris and I decided we'd head to Tahoe. My mom was with the kids, I figured my mom has dealt with a bunch of sick kiddos before so, we left. We made it about an hour away from home and I got this feeling something wasn't right. I texted my mom. She said Parker had fallen asleep and was 103.5 and his fever wasn't coming down very easy. So, we turned around, I couldn't be away. We came home, Parker was horrible. Sound asleep on his bed upside down with a wet rag on his ead. About two hours later his fever came down a little to wear he would sit up. Thursday night was pretty uneventful.
Friday, Chris and I decided we'd head to Tahoe again. The fevers seemed to be stablized. We got to Tahoe. The kids did fine with Mom. They just laid around and took it easy.
Saturday, I woke up with a fever and the chills. It was horrible. I talked to the kids, they both sounded horrible but, it was just the flu had got into their chests.
So, since then we've been fighting this darn flu, we are all still coughing.
Last week we headed for Brynn's check up at Oakland. Since we had her scheduled we scheduled Parker for an appointment too since his ears are an issue now. Dr. Rosen said Brynn looks ok. He still doesn't want to do the surgery yet as the thing isn't blocking her airway. He has her doing her rinses daily again and has her doing her nasal sprays twice a day now. He wants to try to keep things open as long as we can. She had another hearing test and it came back fine other than some negative pressure in her right eardrum. Dr. Rosen said there is fluid behind the drum on that ear so, we need to make sure it clears. Then it was Parker's turn. He looked at his ears, I could tell he was thinking I'll just watch him for awhile before we do anything. Then he scoped his nose and it was obvious there wasn't going to be any watching. He said Parker's adenoids are huge. The right one is blocking 90% of his nasal passage and the left is completely blocked. He said we are going to take the adenoids out and do ear tubes at the same time. He asked me about his eating and sleeping habits and about his speech. Parker has never been a good eater or sleeper and he has some troubles with his speech. Dr. Rosen said we may see a huge difference after the surgery.
But, before we could schedule surgery he wanted us to see a cardiologist to get cleared. This was because of his passing out stuff he did a few years back. So, two trips to the bay area last week for these appointments. The cardiologist went fine, turns out Parker has a heart, good to know =) Then Parker and I drove back down there this week to see Dr. Rosen again and get surgery scheduled. He'll be having it done the beginning of May. Now hopefully we won't have to drive down there again until then. I'm over sitting in the car and driving for awhile.
My brother, sister in law, their kids and my mom and step dad came for the last weekend. We had a great time. We celebrated all four kids birthdays since we all miss the parties. It was lots of fun to have all the kiddos together for a whole weekend. We had one heck of a hail storm. The kids all put on jackets and went out in it to jump on the trampoline. It was hilarious. Once they were all soaked and cold, they took a bath. The two older girls played together while Parker and Abby played together. They were a lot of fun to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment