Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Patch and Carving











We took the kids to the pumpkin patch about a week and a half ago. They had a blast. The place we went had tons of animals to check out, a bee hive that you could find the queen bee in, face painting, hay rides, corn maze and of course the pumpkin patch. We took the hay ride out to the patch and there was some serious pumpkin hunting going on. Parker would pick up a huge pumpkin put it over his head and chuck it as hard as he could. Needless to say we stopped him before he hurt himself or others or the pumpkins. Brynn was having a really difficult time finding the perfect pumpkin. After about 20 minutes of searching she found the muddiest pumpkin and decided it was the one. During this time Parker had found his and was rolling in down the dirt road toward the hay ride. A lady stopped and started talking to Parker. She says "Oh you found your pumpkin" Parker says "yeah I wash it off" She says "are you going to put a face on it?" Parker looks at her with the most evil face and says "NO I BITE IT" and proceeded to act like he was biting a huge chunk out of it. It was probably one of the funniest things I've witnessed. The lady just looked at him, kind of grinned and let out a little giggle and moved on. Yes my child is strange, I'm well aware of that.

So yesterday we decided we needed to get with it and carve the darn pumpkins that have been manhandled by Parker for the last week and a half. We took them out back to keep the mess out of the house. The kids were pretty funny. Brynn was more into getting dirty than Parker was, which was very suprising to me. Parker didn't want to touch the guts until Chris threw them at Parker and smeared them on his belly. Then the games were on. Brynn decided she wanted to have a cat on her pumpkin (big suprise), I found a cute Elmo for Parker and he said "No, I want a scary face with sharp teeth" so, Chris carved a scary face on Parker's. Chris and I carved ours just simple. We had a great time doing it. Now Halloween is just a few days away and the kids can't wait to get all dressed up and go trick or treating.









1 comment:

just us said...

I love the pumpkin with heart eyes and nose! Way cute!