Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Disneyland

























We had a blast! We went down Friday after Brynn got out of school. The trip was uneventful. Saturday morning we met up with Chris' academy roommate Javier and his family for a day at Disneyland. It was great to see them again. Brynn had a blast hanging out with their kids. Sunday we did Disneyland. Brynn has been waiting to go on the fast roller coaster that goes upside down for a long time. So we measured and she was tall enough. Chris suckered me into taking her. We got on the ride. The first hill we went down she started screaming, then it was yelling, then it was frantically screaming "I want off, I hate this ride, get me off of here, I'm going to throw up". Well we made it through the ride. We got off and she says "well that was fun but, I don't want to go on it again until I'm older". It was pretty funny. We headed over to the Amezcua's for dinner. Javier made carne asada, rice and beans for dinner. The carne asada was the best I've ever had. We had a great time hanging out and visiting while the kids played. We went back to Disneyland for some night rides and the fireworks. We were very tired after all the activity.


We slept in a little Monday and then headed over to the park. We rode tons of rides and then we took them to the Brother Bear play area. We convinced Brynn to go on the rope swing. We paid for it. She did fine until she whipped back and fell off. The video is of her rope swing incident. After that we went back and swam in the freezing cold pool and went to dinner and then called it a night. Today we traveled home, it was yet another uneventful trip. I'm so thankful, the dramamine seemed to work and we didn't end up with puke in the new car. We had a great vacation and we still have one day before Chris heads back to work on Wednesday. Brynn has two weeks off of school so, we can sleep in and be lazy. Woohoo!!!


4 comments:

Kelsey Marchi said...

Oh that video was sad! Poor Brynnie! Glad you guys had fun though!

Tamara said...

Looks like fun! :-) We're going to LA in October and are trying to decide whether to do Disneyland with Carlos or not (I say yes, Matt says no - party pooper!)... just wondering, were there many Cars-themed attractions? Carlos is obsessed with Lightning McQueen and all the other characters right now so that might be fun for him. We'll be there on his birthday so we could get him a free ticket I think... Thanks Katie!

The Spencers said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I wanna go next time! Take me take me! :)

Hannah said...

Oh my goodness that looks like so much fun!! Brynn looks like she took a good tumble. I love how you came to the rescue, mommyhood is such a great thing.
Thanks for sharing your trip!