Thursday, February 26, 2009

We are MOVED!!!!

Our new pet

Chris workin' it
Parker watching some Ratatouille
Crazy girl

The monkeys
The playroom some what set up
This is what the kids did while we loaded the moving truck
Our last night in Fremont



We got all moved into our new house last Thursday. Let me tell you it was a lot more work then we ever imagined. First off moving out of our house just the two of us and the two kids was very difficult, to add to it all Parker was really sick with a cold and pink eye in both eyes. So, he was very clingly and made it very hard to get things done. We got everything loaded and headed on our drive to our new house. We got stuck in traffic, figures we left right when the rush begins. So, instead of an hour drive it ended up being two. We got to the new house and the listing agent of the house was supposed to take the lock off the garage and didn't. We ended up calling our realtor and he told us to just cut it off. We got the kids to bed on the dining room floor (yes we slept in there for three days), then we went on to unload the truck and clean up the nastiness of a foreclosed home. We didn't noticed how much cleaning we were going to be getting ourselves into until we got here. I scrubbed the bathrooms from top to bottom, they were disgusting. More disgusting was the kitchen, the cabinets had food stuck all over them, food in them and the stove and range fan was covered in grease and had grease drops hanging from the range. It was horrible. Once that was all cleaned up (the next day), we moved onto painting.... well here we are a week later and still painting. I have to say I never imagined painting this much. We get up in the morning and shower then start painting, we paint all day and go to bed around 11pm. Tonight is the first night we haven't. All we have left to paint of our 3600 sq ft is the hall way upstairs, the loft and one extra bedroom and we are done. Chris got the front yard all tore up today so, we are ready for the sod tomorrow morning. When we went out to see how Chris was doing we noticed a hummingbird flying around us. It landed on our tree by the garage, we saw that it has it's nest in the tree. The kids thought that was so cool. Brynn was so excited that we now have a new pet, she wants it to stand on her arm. I told her it probably wouldn't but, we can enjoy watching it and maybe it has babies in it's nest. Anyway, tomorrow I'm hoping to get the kids out of the house and take them to the park for a little while. They have been great with all of this. Brynn brings her my little ponies wherever I'm painting and plays with them and I just play the voice of a pony with her. Parker is all over the place, running from room to room, yelling "Ready, Set, Go" and "Uh Oh, Wet Paint" as he runs into the wall that we've just painted. Needless to say he's ruined just about every pair of clothes he owns. Oh well, at least he's having a good time. Anyway, that's all we are up to, is paint, paint and more paint. I'll post before and after photos as soon as it's all done.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Congrats!!! The house looks beautiful! And wow, that is a lot of painting! you must be exhausted and SORE! I can only imagine what my terrors would do while I was trying to paint. That sounds like a nightmare.

Eava said...

Brian has training in sacramento the last two weeks of march but because we're going to germany in april I can't take anytime off and come down with him :( its to bad because I would really love to see the new house and the kiddos. Looks like you guys are doing great!

Kelsey Marchi said...

Holy moly! I can't wait to see it all done, but more so, I can't wait to come see it!! Sounds like a boat load of work, but you're going to be so happy! Love ya mom!

just us said...

Thats so great that you have your own BIG place. LOL! At least you'll stay busy while the hubby is always gone at work. :o)
Congrats!!!!

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

Congratulations on the big move and getting everything settled. That's really exciting. I'm sorry that Parker was sick, but at least he was a trooper. Enjoy the new home!!!