
So, I went to pick Brynn up from school the other day and when I got there, I signed her out, told her to get her stuff out of her cubby, we were headed out the door when her teacher says "Brynn you forgot your candy". I was thinking that they must have had another birthday party or something like that. Well no, I was wrong. Each child has been assigned a box of candy to sell as a fundraiser so each can participate in all the holiday activities at the school. Who in their right mind would assign a bunch of four year olds to sell candy door to door. I'm still in shock. So, there was a letter to follow... it said basically you can sell the box of candy or you can turn the candy back in and just pay the $52 so that your child can participate. Chris decided that we'll be keeping the candy and just buying it, so at least we can get something out of the $52. Am I totally nuts about this being inappropriate? I just can't believe that a preschool would have kids do this, when some parents will probably just send their little one out to sell those candy bars to the child molester down the street (not that I'm paranoid or anything) but, really.......
2 comments:
I totally agree! How bizarre that they would have little kids selling things at that age?! That just blows my mind! Well, freeze a bunch of that candy and it will last you forever!! = )
I agree. Don't you pay money to send your child to pre school? What happens to the kids who can't sell them. They don't get to participate in the holiday activities. That's sad. I wish you lived here so I could buy some chocolate!! Me love chocolate. How much are they asking that you sell each one for too?
Post a Comment