Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm slacking....

this one is for you Dad and Kim. Parker loves his pillow case aka sleeping bag!



Brynn lookin' cute as always


This was a few days after the crash. He was overheated after a nap in this picture.



Grandma Vera and Daddy putting together the swing that Grandma and Grandpa brought for the kids.


Yep he's a typical cop now.... doughnuts at midnight, good times


Parker's new favorite place to hang out. He's a Parker in a box.


Yes they will join the circus one day.



Well since I last was on here we've had a lot go on. Lets see... we had Chris' parents down for a visit, it was nice to have them here. Chris and I even got to go out with our friends without the kids. We went to San Francisco and walked down the piers, had dinner at a little seafood restuaraunt.... yeah yeah I know you all are thinking, Katie eat seafood, well they did have some pretty darn good clam chowder and calamari. Then we started the next week. Chris worked four twelve hour days which was a long week for us, finishing up his second phase of training. Only about three more weeks and he'll be on his own and have a consistant schedule! The kids and I drove to Sacramento on Thursday this past week to see my mom, who was in town for a meeting for work. We were missing her so, I thought what else do we have to do all day and night while Chris is working. We had a good time with her. We went out to dinner with my mom, her coworker, my step sister and brother in law. The kids were so excited to see them, as was I. I realized that I missed Sacramento though. The weather is so much nicer there, I know my way around there. Maybe someday in the next few years we'll get back there. Anyway, Brynn is going into her third week of school and starting up her swim lessons again this week. Life is getting crazy again. She stayed home sick from school on Friday with a high fever and a cold. I was just thinking that it was getting close to cold and flu season and then Brynn comes down with a cold. She's doing much better now, still pretty plugged up but, doing better. Parker had an accident about a week and a half ago while Brynn was at school. He was playing in the backyard and I was doing the dishes. I heard a loud crash followed by screaming. I went out to see what he had done... well I guess I should have been out there with him. He had climbed up on top of their play kitchen which is about three and a half feet tall and it fell over. I scooped him up and held him tight not knowing what damage had been done. When the tears had settled I looked. It wasn't as bad as I imagined. A big bump and scrape to his forehead and a scrape to the nose. He came out of it pretty well. He's finally all healed from that incident. The kid is so clumsy sometimes. I'm now into my third week of school. Let me tell you, online classes are a lot harder than going to the college for them. Not only that but, it's been over five years since I took any classes so I'm a bit rusty on the studying. I'm going to get through it though. Chris just laughs at me because I still haven't changed a bit, I'm still the procrastinator I always was. Chris' uncle came into town yesterday so we went out to dinner with him. It was good to see him. We haven't seen him since before Chris started the academy. We realized that Chris hasn't been back to Humboldt since Parker's birthday in January. We are hoping to get up there sometime next month as soon as he's off break in.

1 comment:

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

I love the pictures. You're kids are gorgeous. Sorry to hear about your son's crash and fall. It would be pretty weird to see a kid that doesn't have a bump and bruise. Does that tell you anything about my kids???