Cracking up at Parker who just wiped out.
Loving the slip n slide
Parker liked playing with the squirters
My boys swimming at Aunt Sherry's
Getting Parker off of our backs.
Brynn with some of her classmates after they recieved awards. Can you tell she's still an amazon woman???
Getting her award for Respecting Others.
Parker at the awards assembly
Jumping in
Not the best pic but, I got them together
Playing at Brynn's kindergarten picnic
Brynn and three of her good friends
Brynn and her best friend AlexisBrynn officially finished her first year of school! We are so proud of our monkey! She got a perfect report card for the end of the school year. We now have a big first grader in our house! After she got out of school on Thursday we loaded up the car and headed to our new place. No more commuting!!! We've been driving from the new house to my aunt's house for the last three weeks so Brynn could finish school. So that's been an hour on Friday's to come to the new house and an hour on Sunday to head back to my aunt's for the school week. The kids were getting tired of travelling back and forth as was I. Thank you to my Aunt Sherry and Uncle Pete for opening their house to us and letting us stay there and disrupt their normal routines.
Our move has been a good one so far. Although I'm a little sad to leave some really good friends that I made and the good friends that Brynn made at school. I know we won't lose them it's just going to be different not seeing them all regularly.
Now that summer has started life has become a lot more relaxed. The kids have both been sleeping in (thank goodness!!!) I never thought Parker would sleep in past 6am since he never has. The last three days he's slept until at least 8:20. The weather has been nice and warm here so, we've spent the afternoons playing on the slip and slide or in the sprinkler. The kids start swimming lessons again in a week. They can't wait. Brynn loves to swim although the break for cold weather has her a little rusty on swimming without her lifevest. I know in no time she'll be doing great at it again. Parker is excited since this will be his first swim class that he has no parent with him. I'm kind of nervous but, know that he's ready. They start gymnastics here the end of the month. I'm keeping them busy for the summer.
Next week we have Brynn's appointment with the allergist so, we'll see what that holds. We also got her surgery scheduled for the end of July. We took her to get the sweat test done for cystic fibrosis and it came back negative, thank god! So, now we just have the surgery to worry about. The specialist said that the surgery is not a cure for what she most likely has and will probably have to have the surgery done every couple of years. He is hoping that by getting allergy shots done it will help to make it so we only have to do the surgery every five to six years. Brynn has been a trooper through all of this. She told us two days ago that she just wants to do the surgery now and get it over with. I'm with her on that one although the doctor's schedule was booked out until July for the surgeries that have to be done at the Children's Hospital. He said that we are doing it at the main hospital since there is a possibility that she'll have to stay in the hospital afterward depending on how she handles this surgery. So we have a month and a half of summer and then her surgery. After her surgery she won't be able to do her swimming lessons or gymnastics for at least two weeks but, most likely a month. We'll enjoy the time now and the last month of summer will be lounging around getting her well to start school the end of August.
We also are headed to check out a preschool for Parker this coming week. He really wants to go to school and was ready to start in January but, I chickened out and decided not to put him in since I knew we were moving. Now he's really ready and I guess I am too. So we get to go look at this school and get him signed up to start when Brynn starts school. Pretty exciting but, sad at the same time, my kids are growing up too fast.
Chris is going to FTO (field training officer) school in July. I'm happy for him to get this opportunity. He would've gone much sooner had he not transferred to Contra Costa but, now that he's back he'll be going. He's got a couple other trainings he's signed up for. He really loves being back at this office. I also love having him back there. I feel more comfortable knowing that they are all like a family and no one has to worry where their backup is. He has a great time working with the guys here.
And Me.... not much going on with me. Just keeping up with the rest of my family. That seems to be a full time job. I'm trying to get the house organized and the inside all done so we can really start working on the outside. I am still running my legs off and look forward to next month when Chris changes shifts so I can run some more races. Now that we are all moved and not living here and there I'm hoping to get back to my routine on running. I just have to find somewhere to run here.
That's our last month in a nutshell.
No comments:
Post a Comment