Friday, May 14, 2010

Ignoring/ too lazy/ too much going on...









I know I know... my weekly posts have become a thing of the past. Sorry! Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things once things settle down a bit. Let's see, it's been over a month since I last posted... a lot has happened.
First, my Dad came down to visit us for a few days. While my dad was here he bought me a road bicycle, I'm very excited about getting into riding along with my running. It's a little more difficult to find the time to ride though since I can't just throw Parker in the stroller for a bike ride. Anyway, it was so nice to have my Daddy here for a few days.
Second, we had Brynn's 6th Birthday April 24th. We did a party with all her friends from school and some family that came down. Her party was a Chuck E. Cheese. It was by far the easiest, best party we've done for the kids. They take care of everything and it was really reasonable for price. The kids had a blast. She got tons of stuff.

Third, was Mother's Day. Chris had to work and stayed in Fremont for the weekend. So it was the kids and I. Brynn has been so obsessed with Mother's day for like a month. So finally it was here. She got up after I did and said she wanted to make me breakfast. I asked what she wanted to make, she told me "something like bacon because you like bacon". I told her we didn't have any. She was mad that Chris wasn't here because he would've found something like that. Anyway, she ended up making me a pot of coffee and some cereal with gushers fruit snacks on it. It was too cute, she wanted it to be special and it really was. Well after breakfast it turned into any regular day, with the constant fights between Brynn and Parker. But you know, they are the reason I'm a mommy and even though they fight all the time, I wouldn't know what to do without them. I love those stinkers more than anything in the world.

And now, as everyone knows Brynn has been having nothing but problems since November with her health. We've been seeing her specialist every other week since her surgery in March. She was on antibiotics for 10 days to see if we could get her cleared up. Her doctor said if she wasn't doing better by this last Tuesday he was going to scope her nose and throat to see what he could see. Well, she's not better. He scoped her throat in the office, I was amazed she did awesome. Didn't move, fuss, gag, throw up, nothing. She sat so still while he fed this tube in her nose and all the way down to her voice box. He would look at certain things and then would let me look at them so I could understand. It was pretty cool to see. But, he said her nose and throat were a mess and he wanted us to go do a CT scan on her sinuses. We got that done on Wednesday. They gave us a disc with all the photos from it. Chris and I looked at them Wednesday night and we could tell there was something not right but, didn't know what it meant. Thursday we went back to the specialist. He came in sat down and said well her CT scan came back very abnormal. Not good. Then he says is there a history of cystic fibrosis in the family. We say no. He says well we are going to get her tested for cystic fibrosis, we need to do surgery regardless, since her left sinuses are blocked. He said that when they do the surgery they'll take clean the sinuses out, open the passages and take a culture of the stuff that is in there and get it tested to see if it's Allergic Fungal Sinusitis. Then after the surgery she'll have to go back to the dr. every week for about a month to get her nose scoped and cleaned out while it's healing and the doctor is talking about getting her started on allergy shots. Ughh... it's been a lot to take in.

We have decided that we are waiting to do the surgery until she's out of school, which is three weeks away. She'll have the test done for cystic fibrosis this next week. Right now we are praying that it's not cystic fibrosis and it's the fungal sinusitis. I'm not looking forward to having her have surgery again. This surgery is a much bigger surgery than the last and will take longer to recover. This has been so rough on all of us, Brynn is such a trooper though. This has been going on for seven months and she hasn't complained much.

So with that, we are also in the midst of moving to our new place. The big move is this coming Tuesday. We got the house completely cleaned up and ready for us to live there. The kids love the house, they don't like leaving when we have to come back here. I don't blame them. The house is a lot smaller but, has a more home feeling to it. We'll be living back and forth until Brynn's done with school so the next few weeks are going to be a bit rough but, it'll work.

On to Mr. Parker. I put both kids in a gymnastics class a little over a month ago. Before this Parker had been in a class with me in it too. Well he's old enough now to be in a class without a parent. The first day, I was sure all the other parents hated me and the teacher was going to ask me to take him out. He didn't listen to a thing she wanted him to do, instead he would just run off and go jump on the trampolines, play back by the balance beams, pretty much anything and everything he wasn't supposed to do. I talked to his teacher after class and she said we would give it another try. Well he's got better each week. The past two weeks he's really caught on, he sits and listens to the directions and does what he's supposed to. Thank goodness! He loves going and I love getting to sit and watch him burn off some of his boy energy. Other than that, he's still my wild man, into everything, and tormenting Brynn any chance he gets.

No comments: