Friday, June 19, 2009

The million dollar dog

The victim

The suspects weapon
The suspect


So last weekend on Saturday Chris was unloading some big boulders out of the back of the truck before he had to head to work. He thought the dogs were in the garage and he tossed one over the fence, of course it was the heaviest weighing about 100lbs. Needless to say, the rock hit Max, where we weren't sure. He immediately started yelping, so loud the whole neighborhood probably heard. We know our neighbors next door heard since their little boy started making the same noises as Max. I was walking outside when I heard Max yelping and Chris saying "Max are you alright". I walked in the side yard and there stands Chris watching Max. I already knew what had happened. We got him to walk around and knew it wasn't a broken leg. Then he started throwing up. I knew it couldn't be good. Chris was supposed to be heading to work but, obviously he was going to be taking the dog to the vet instead. They were gone for about two hours. All this time, I was trying to come up with a way to tell Brynn what had happened to her dog, I was sure he was going to have to be put down because of internal bleeding. Well, Chris called and said he and Max were on their way home and that Max would live another day. They gave him pain medication and medication to stop the vomiting. It turned out that the rock severly bruised his liver. The vet wanted to see him again in a few days to make sure is liver count was the same or going down. So, a million dollars later, Max is doing fine, he's still a little sore when you touch his side but, overall he's back to being the crazy puppy he always is. Thank goodness!!!

1 comment:

just us said...

The joys of having pets. I'm so glad that Max is okay.