









That about sums up our last week... no there were a few other things but, boy the kids and I are having a heck of a time with allergies. We are all on claritin everyday and it's still not cutting it. Parker seems to be ok once we give him medicine but, Brynn and I are still pretty messed up. I'm keepin' an eye on Brynn since she did the whole allergy thing in Humboldt and needed the inhaler, so far so good and we are doing without it. On another note, it was freakin' hot last weekend!!! It was nice but, we had to take time outs to come inside for a little bit. It got up to 106 on Sunday. My mom was here for the weekend which was nice. She helped out a ton with the kids. I got to ride along with Chris on Friday night, it was so much fun!!! We got to go to a few crashes, write a bunch of tickets, one hit and run which we found the suspects car, they found the guy the next night, and we got one DUI before I went home. He and his partner were hoping to go book the DUI and then go back to the office and do paperwork the rest of the night so, I called it a night and headed home since I had to get up with the kids and take Brynn to soccer by 9am. I got home at 4:15am, went to bed. I woke up at 7:30 which by then Chris has normally come home and been asleep for an hour, well he wasn't home still. He came in about 8:15. He said it got crazy after they left the jail and they didn't get back to the office until 6:30 (note he's supposed to be off at 5am). He said they ended up with a DUI crash, finished with that and then got a DUI turnover at 4:50 so, they took it too. What a crazy night!! It made me miss working. I know what I'll do when the kids are both in school now for sure. I'm going to do CHP dispatch! I was helping Chris out with running plates on his computer at the crashes and stops. It brought me back to my Sheriff's Office days and made me realize I miss it a ton! So, that's my goal in a few years.
Anyway, we missed soccer since I fell back asleep and Brynn wanted to just play with Grammy. We had a nice relaxing rest of our weekend with Grammy. We took the kids to see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D. It was great. Both kids loved it as did mom and I. I'm going to make Chris go back and see it sometime. Afterward, we took them over to my aunt's house to swim in the pool. It was a great time but, both kids gave us a few scares. Parker decided to put his face in the water and drink the pool. He was coughing and choking, I picked him up out of the water and he puked all over me, nothing like blue icee and popcorn. Then after awhile in the pool Brynn was playing around and got too deep in the water and sucked a little water and was coughing, her head was above the water the whole time but, she panicked which caused me to panic. I couldn't reach her from where I was at holding onto Parker too, just when I was about to toss Parker out of the pool, my mom and aunt dove into the pool fully clothed and grabbed Brynn. By then we were all laughing our butts off since Brynn had been nagging both of them to get in the pool with us but, they wouldn't. We figured that it was her way of making sure everyone swam. Both kids are fine by the way, they both had life jackets on, Parker's was on the whole time and Brynn only had her's off for that one moment. Just to clear things up so, no one worrys! We headed inside to eat some hotdogs and Parker tripped and fell face first into the table and bashed his nose. I thought we was going to have another episode of passing out but, he caught his breath and didn't do that for us too, thank goodness! We headed home and put the kids to bed.
Sunday my mom left and the kids and I just had a boring noneventful morning while Chris slept. I put them both down for naps and they both slept! Brynn hasn't taken a nap in over a year, she must have been beat from all the activity. When they got up we headed back to Aunt Sherry's for an evening swim. They both did fine this time, I think it was because they were exhausted like they were before. Brynn swam the whole time with no lifevest and did just fine like she normally does.
Monday we got up and we needed to let Chris get some sleep before we started our weekend. We went out to the farms and picked up some fresh strawberrys, blackberrys, and cherrys and ran a couple more errands. We came home and sat outside and ate our fruit. By the way, on the way home from the farm, Brynn wanted to eat a blackberry, I handed the basket to her and figured she'd eat a few, she ate the whole darn thing!!! That girl loves fruit!
Yesterday we decided to set up our pool, the kids were so excited! They sat in the pool the whole time while it was filling up, it was hilarious. They swam in it until nap time and then again after nap time. We had a nice relaxing day as a family.
Sunday my mom left and the kids and I just had a boring noneventful morning while Chris slept. I put them both down for naps and they both slept! Brynn hasn't taken a nap in over a year, she must have been beat from all the activity. When they got up we headed back to Aunt Sherry's for an evening swim. They both did fine this time, I think it was because they were exhausted like they were before. Brynn swam the whole time with no lifevest and did just fine like she normally does.
Monday we got up and we needed to let Chris get some sleep before we started our weekend. We went out to the farms and picked up some fresh strawberrys, blackberrys, and cherrys and ran a couple more errands. We came home and sat outside and ate our fruit. By the way, on the way home from the farm, Brynn wanted to eat a blackberry, I handed the basket to her and figured she'd eat a few, she ate the whole darn thing!!! That girl loves fruit!
Yesterday we decided to set up our pool, the kids were so excited! They sat in the pool the whole time while it was filling up, it was hilarious. They swam in it until nap time and then again after nap time. We had a nice relaxing day as a family.
Today Chris is off golfing for Jeremy's bachelor party, so who knows how long he's got but, I hope he has a great time. He needs some time with friends as much as I do. Tomorrow we have Jeremy and Amber's rehersal and dinner for their wedding and then Sunday is the big day! I've been working on Brynn's hair trying to get it to do the curls I want it to do for the wedding. She got all dressed up in her dress yesterday and looks adorable! Now hopefully she'll walk down the aisle. I'm wondering since she's going through a very shy time right now and hides behind me when people she doesn't know look at her or acknowledge her. I may just have to bribe her =)
1 comment:
Gosh, Your yard is looking fantastic! You guys sure have been working hard on it!! Want to come and do mine? Ours looks like poo still.
Post a Comment