



Wow how time flys! It seems like just yesterday my baby girl came to us. What an expirence. She is the joy of our lives. She truely is our little princess. She has always had a way of surprising us right from the beginning. I started having contractions on the 23rd in the morning and I didn't believe it was possible that they were real since I wasn't due for another 3 1/2 weeks. So, I just played cool all day long. At around four I decided to see if they were real and would get stronger with some work. I went and wash our Tahoe, then I went to the gym and ran on the treadmill for an hour. Sure enough it was real. When Chris got off work he looked like he got ran over by a truck, he was so tired. I told him I thought I was in labor but, I wanted to wait until I knew I wouldn't get sent back home. We layed around the rest of the evening, timing contractions. We decided at 8:30 we'd go to bed and try to relax and time the contractions. Chris had his watch timing each one.... well at least I thought he was. I looked over at him after a real bad long one and he's passed out. What the heck! I woke him up and said the pain was getting worse. We called the doctor at about 11 and he said to come in and get checked. When we got to the hospital the nurse said she was almost positive I'd be going home since I didn't appear to be in pain. I really wasn't when we got to the hospital. She checked me and said oh no you are definitely staying. I was already dialated to 7. I thought wow I'm actually going to be able to do this without any drugs just like I had planned. I labored for another two hours. The nurse checked me again before she could tell me how far dialated I was she said we have a problem.... a foot. She called or the ultrasound tech to rush and do an ultrasound to make sure that her thoughts were right. Sure enough she was breech and her legs were in the birth canal. Luckily my water had not broken so, while we waited for everyone to show up for the emergency c-section I was told not to move because they didn't want the water to break. The prepped me for surgery did everything they could besides cut me open. The doctor got there, the surgery staff.... only one problem the anesthesiologist didn't answer his page. The doctor was panicking he thought we were going to have a real problem real soon. The situation went from very calm normal birth to a very fast paced scary situation. Finally the anesthesiologist showed up. The doctor and him had a round of yelling with eachother in the hall with all of my family present for it, then they got to work. The doctor said I wouldn't feel anything since they gave me a spinal since they needed it to work really fast. Sure enough I didn't feel anything. I saw the doctor raise her up and hand her to the NICU nurse to be checked out. I had never felt the love and emotion I felt just seeing my little girl for the first time. Then I got worried.... she wasn't crying. It took awhile longer which felt like eternity.... finally she started screaming. It was the best feeling in my life, I cried and I looked up at Chris and he looked shocked and tears were coming out of his eyes. They let me look at her and give her a kiss and off she went to the room. Chris went with her while they stitched me up. I finally got to hold her two hours later. Having my baby girl in my arms felt so awesome. I can't describe the feeling other than amazing. From that day on, this little girl has brought us so much joy and happiness. All you have to do is look at her happy smiling face when you aren't feeling great and she puts that smile back on our faces. She has grown and changed so much in the last year. She was so dependant on me when she turned three and now she's a little girl and doesn't need my help like she used to. She's a little person now. Just the other day I was having a rough day with all the stresses of life and she came over and said "Mommy what's wrong?" I told her I was just having a hard day and was missing Daddy. She said "it's ok, I'll take care of you" as she patted my back. She said "what song do you want me to sing to you?" I said any song you can think of. She started singing a song that she made up with Chris when they went on a bike ride before he started the academy. She was being so sincere and loving and her little song brought a smile to my face. It's amazing how such a little person takes in and understands what's going on in this world. I love her so much that I can't explain it! So, here's to my baby girl.... Happy Fourth Birthday Brynnie!! We love you!
1 comment:
Okay so first, you totally made me cry when you told the story about her birth and how you felt when you met her.. then I started crying AGAIN when you told about her comforting you when you were missing Chris and singing that little song. Children are amazing! She is lucky to have you too, you are such a good mommy. Happy birthday Brynn. Your blogs are always awesome and touching!
Post a Comment