Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Forever and ever whoopsie!

It has been quite some time since I've been on here. I guess I left off in February. So it's time for an update for sure!

March:
 - First off sometime in March we learned that Chris finally got his transfer! He will be home for good July 1st!
 - The kids had a week off for spring break. We didn't do much but be lazy and hang out. We went bowling with a bunch if Parker's school buddies. It was good to get out and play with friends.
 - We went to Tahoe with our friends and their kids for a weekend. We were hoping for tons of snow but there wasn't much. Luckily we found a state park that still was packed with snow. We played and had a good time. We had a skateboard looking thing minus the wheels that we found in the house we were staying at. Chris gave it a try down a hill I was sure he was going to die. Then Brynn decided she would do it. Crazy kid loved it! Parker even did it with Chris. We had a good weekend away.
 - Parker ended up getting pretty sick with a sinus infection. We went to the allergist and they had a sinus CT done on him and he seems to be dealing with a lot of inflammation so they started him on some allergy medications. The pediatrician put him on a 20 day dose of antibiotics to hopefully clear it all up. Well he ended up having an allergic reaction and was covered head to to in hives. They lasted a good week. It looked horrible.
 - We traded in our Honda and got a Chevy Traverse since Chris will no longer be commuting in July.  We love the new car so far.


April:
 - Since I've been coaching for Girls on the Run, Brynn and I decided to do a practice run before our big race. It was a one mile race downtown. It was so much fun to do with her. Se ran her little butt off. I was so proud of her and she was amazed at how fast she ran it.
  - My friend Sarah is getting married and we had her bridal shower. It was a lot of fun to get together with old friends and get to be a part of all her special days coming up.
 - Brynn turned nine! Hard to believe still! On her birthday she had school but, after school I took her to get her hair cut like she wanted and then we went to dinner. Daddy was gone at work so we celebrated again when he was home.
 - We had a slumber party with four of her best friends. It was a great evening with lots of laughter and tons of candy! She really has found some great friends.

May:
- Chris had Moises (his work partner/BFF/life partner) bachelor party to attend in the Bay Area. They had quite a night.
 - The following night I had Sarah's bachelorette party to attend in Redding. I was super sick on top of it all. We had a great night out. Needless to say we were both spent by the end of the weekend.
 - Brynn and I had our Girls on the Run graduation race. It was extremely hot and muggy. All the girls showed up and all finished! It was definitely a great feeling to watch all these girls run and finish. Brynn and I wore matching clothes and shoes at her request. It was so much fun but boy were we nasty sweaty when we got finished.
 - We had our Girls on the Run party at Coach Gail's house. The girls and Parker got to swim, we BBQed, had treats and gave each girl their certificate.
 - My mom came to stay with the kids for a long weekend so I could to the Bay Area for Moises and Sandy's wedding.
 - I got to go on a ride along with Chris while I was down there. It was a pretty boring night but still fun to get out and see him in action.
 - Chris had Moises and Sandy's wedding rehearsal to attend. I went and watched then we went to the rehearsal dinner. Super good food and great to meet their families.
 - Their wedding was beautiful and the reception was so much fun. I'm very happy we got to be a part of their special day. They truly are family to us.

June:
 - Brynn had her end of the year field trip to Turtle Bay in Redding. I agreed to drive a carload of kiddos. It was extremely hot and a long long day. The kids seemed to enjoy it which is all it was about. I was exhausted when we got home.
 - Parker had his end of the year field trip to Kirschner Wildlife just south of Chico. I was a parent chaperone again. Although this time we rode the bus. I forgot what it was like to ride the bus. It was a whole different experience riding it as an adult versus being a kid. I was feeling a bit car sick. I made it though. Again it was really hot and with a bunch of kindergarteners they were finished at about the third animal they saw. It was overall a fun field trip and I love that place.... Parker does too just not when he's hot.
 - Their last day of school was on the 6th. Kind of crazy to think I will have a fourth grader and a first grader in the fall. Brynn was distraught after school got out because she doesn't want to leave her teacher. It was hard to figure out how to help her. All I could come up with was she can visit him everyday next year. I was informed it's not the same =)
 -We headed for the lake for a long weekend away. It was the perfect weekend to leave for cooler weather since it was supposed to be 113 that weekend. We lounged around. Went for quad rides, took the boat out and did some swimming. It was just us there until Saturday when Chris' parents came up along with two of the cousins. The kids played and we relaxed.
 - Chris had his last week of work in the bay area. Very bittersweet. Although I'm thrilled he will be living with us again, we will miss all the great people he worked with down there. I don't know that he will ever be able to get another partner as perfect as Moises was. We are going to have to work on them to move up here that's all there is to it ;)
 - Chris and Moises had an award's dinner to attend the following week. Chris' mom came to watch the kids so we could go. They both were awarded Officer of the Year. It was pretty awesome to be there and listen to the story of why they were nominated. I have to say Sandy and I have pretty darn amazing husbands.
 - The kids had dentist appointments. NO cavities, thank goodness! Although Mr. Parker has some seriously messed up teeth. The poor kiddo. We were referred to an orthodontist to take a look. Turns out he has to have one of his back molars pulled now since it's causing problems for his 6 year molar that is trying to come in. Then the molar on the other side seems to be following but, we are waiting to see if something changes before that one gets pulled too. Then he has his front bottom adult tooth that is completely rotated that the orthodontist said we will wait until he looses the two teeth next to it and then do some expansion on the bottom... When we go back he will be fitted with a top retainer to keep the space where they pull the molar. Then they will start pushing the six year molar back. Good thing for insurance.
 - We took the kids to see the movie Monsters University since it was stormy and yucky out. Very cute movie!
 - Parker had his molar pulled. I made Chris take him since I took Brynn when she had to get three teeth pulled. I figured he could take one for the team this time. It went pretty good. He didn't have any issues except he didn't like his face being numb afterwards.
 - Moises and Sandy came to visit for the weekend. We BBQ'ed with them and other friends and had a great time with as always.

That pretty much brings us up to date! Finally!
 A little game of basketball

Bowling with friends

Chris testing out the snow

In heaven

Goobers

Chris and Erich embracing eachother

Hot tub time after the snow

Nerd on the computer watching makeup videos

Reading together

My girl

The start of his allergic reaction

Allergy testing

Our basketball star

Easter

Silly kid

Ready for summer

Sunbathing

 


The mom and dad

Brynn's first race


On her 9th birthday

Our big race



Woohoo we have a pool again



Our chin friends came to visit on a rainy day

The old guy

Last day of third grade and kindergarten



Brynn and the best third grade teacher Mr. Callahan

Parker and the best kindergarten teacher Mrs. Steindorf

Pool party after school got out

Smores at the cabin

Lake time!

Hero dinner

Officers of the year

Fishing


In trouble

Getting gassed

Look at my big ol tooth

No comments: