- We went to Humboldt the first weekend in August and visited my parents. It had been awhile since we had seen either set of parentals on my side. The kids and cousins Cora and Abby had a slumber party at Grammy Deni's house.
- The following week we went to Sacramento and spent the day with Grammy Deni when she was there for a meeting. We did some school shopping and got all of Brynn's dancewear while we were there.
-That weekend we went to the lake. It was us and Chris' brother Jeff's family. We had a great time. Sad to see our summer was coming to an end. After the weekend was over Jeff's family came and stayed with us for a night. The kids love when cousins come visit.
-We got crappy news on transfers. Chris didn't get his transfer again.... yeah still pretty bummed over it but, at least we have our routine and are kind of used to it.
-The day after they left my brother and his family came to visit for the day. The kids played and swam majority of the day, while the adults sat outside and sweated all over.
-Chris turned 29 on the 16th. We went out to dinner with our neighbors/friends/coworker at a Habachi restaurant. We had a good time and I realized that night that I had not made him a cake. Horrible wife award. So, the next day I made a chocolate cake from scratch. It was really good! It made it all better.
-School started on the 20th for both kids. It was very strange taking both of them to school. I'm still trying to figure out how my kids are even old enough to be in school. They both love their teachers and love school. So that is a huge plus!
-That week started up all the activities again. Brynn started her piano, art, ballet and jazz classes. Which keeps us busy after school. Parker started karate this year. He did say he can't chop a piece of wood with his hand yet but, someday. Goofy kid. It's been a bit choatic with all of it but, they are enjoying it so, I'll be their taxi.
- We just got back from a bad news doctor visit for Brynn. She'll be having surgery again on October 22nd. The doctor said the thing has more than doubled in size since we were there in June. By the time we do surgery it'll probably be obstructing her airway. Not what we wanted to hear but, kind of figured since her symptoms were getting worse. This time when they go in they are taking a different approach to hopefully keep it from growing back like the last two times. He's planning on taking the thing out, removing the lining and grinding down her cheekbone so it's smooth and hopefully it will quit growing there. What it means is she's probably going to be in pain for awhile. So, I've got her all set up to be on independent study for a minimum of two weeks. Not fun at all.
Anyway that's all for now...
PS don't mind the green pool.... that's what happens when you have construction going on all over around our house. The pool now is clear and pretty again... kids didn't care.



2 comments:
Oh man! I hope all goes well with Brynn's surgery! Can I just say that I love your blog! Seems like I take an adventure with your family every time I read it, keep up the posts!
Wow - I haven't been on here for so long that I didn't realize all that's going on with you guys! We'll be praying! And I miss you guys!!
Post a Comment