what has happened in the past few weeks. I'm slacking. Just haven't felt like getting on here and typing. I went to a specialist for my leg to see what is really wrong with it. It turns out I have Iliotibial Band Syndrome and Bursitis caused from the IT band syndrome. What it means is that you have a tendon band that runs from your hip all the way to your tibia. It runs across the outer part of your knee, when you don't stretch well, have hip problems, or run too much that's when it gets really tight and it rubs on your knee bone. So, that is what is going on with that. We discovered while at the appointment that I do infact have a hip that becomes dislocated. I knew this since it pops out and I can pop it back in but, never had it confirmed. So he said that since I'm fine with it and have dealt with it for a long time no need to worry about it unless it gets painful. So, on the IT band and Bursitis I'm headed for physical therapy to help stretch it out. In the meantime I'm still running, getting my mileage up since my half marathon is in two weeks, I'm just taking a day off in between runs if my leg isn't feeling great.
Brynn went to the ENT specialist since she did get another ear infection. He said her left eardrum has lots of fluid behind it and the actual drum is sucked in. He said he'd like to watch her for a month to see if she can clear the fluid on her own and not get another infection before then otherwise we're probably looking at surgery. The only complaint we get from her is that her ears feel plugged. She doesn't have pain with the infections. Recently she did say it was hard to hear which worries me. I took her to the pediatrician yesterday for an unrelated reason and the doctor wanted to check her ears. She said that Brynn's ear looked infected again but, I told her the ENT doctor didn't want her on antibiotics until he saw her first so he could look at the drum before the antibiotics help it out. So she said that since Brynn wasn't complaining she'd go with it. So, I'm waiting for her to say they feel plugged up again to make the call to the ENT doctor. Gosh, I wish we could get her well. Another thing that happened with Brynn this past week, I picked her up from school yesterday and her teacher says "Brynn was kissed today". So, I'm not sure how to react to the teacher telling me this. I said "oh really". She said "I'm sure Brynn will tell you all about it". So, Brynn comes out of the classroom. Immediately I have to know what happened, can this already be happening... She said that a boy wanted to kiss her during the movie they were watching, she didn't want him to kiss her, but he did, he kissed her on the lips. She got up went and told her teacher (GO BRYNN!), I asked if he got in trouble and she said no. She said he wants to take her on a date, and marry her and kiss her when she comes over to his house. What the heck! They are in kindergarten! I told her she had to be 16 before she could go on a date, and at least 20 to get married and that she would not be going to his house. It was really funny, it was like I lifted a huge weight off of her by saying that, she said "oh good, I don't want to marry him and I REALLY don't want to kiss him". So, yes it was very stressful for me. I mentioned it to Chris and he kinda made it not seem like such a big deal and blew it off, meanwhile I want to beat up this little 5 year old boy putting the moves on my baby girl. Chris thought I was hilarious that I was so stressed about it! Darn boy, I tell ya boys are nothing but trouble!
Chris has been busy with court and his regular shift at work. We had a rough two weeks recently. He had court for a week straight in Redwood City. He was leaving the house at 5am and not getting home until after 7pm for the week. On top of that he had worked the entire week before and wasn't scheduled for another day off until the following week, which he was also scheduled for two more cases in Redwood City court. So, it was looking like he wasn't going to have a day off for three weeks. Luckily his Sgt. gave him a day off in there. We needed it. He needed a day of rest too. Today he got into a foot pursuit with a guy. It sounds like it was pretty eventful, he ran his butt off straight up and embankment. He fell asleep on the couch tonight needless to say. He loves his job and I love watching him talk about it, you can see the excitement and the love he has for it.
Parker hasn't been up to much lately. He's been pretty mellow on the news front, thankfully. He's loving taking his police car out on the trail outside of our house. He and his buddy Emma took it for a drive about a week ago. It was hilarious to watch them drive this huge car. He's also taking a new interest in the computer. Brynn got a computer for Christmas from my mom and we bought Parker a couple of learning games for it recently. He loves going on there and playing his games and he's learning so much from them. He cracks me up.
I took both kids to the dentist the other day and they did great. Brynn has been before but, this was Parker's first visit. I was kind of dreading it since Parker doesn't like to sit still and doesn't like us brushing his teeth. He totally suprised me. The lady asked who was going to go first for the xrays and he said he was and hopped right up in the chair. He sat still through the whole xray process, cleaning process, flossing, and the exam by the dentist. I'm still amazed. Brynn did great also, she really like the hygenist. So, we came away with NO cavities still, which is the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment