Thursday, December 10, 2009

A little slow...

Brynn and her buddy Logan at their Christmas Peformance
Ms. Spring's Kindergarten Class

Waving to us
Parker hanging out on my shoulders watching Brynn sing

Our good friends John and Gina and us at the Christmas Party
Our Thanksgiving Feast
Chris performing a body cavity search on our Turkey


So I know I've been slacking on the weekly updates. Sorry just haven't had the motivation to type something up. We had a great Thanksgiving just the four of us this year. I made the whole meal by myself.... Chris did come home from work to help get the turkey prepped. The feast turned out great. Nothing was ruined, which is not like me at all. I'm pretty proud of myself. Let's see... We haven't been up to too much lately. Chris has been working his butt off and finally got some days off after his 12 day stretch. It was rough on all of us. Brynn had her Christmas Performance at school on Monday. They performed the Tale of the Gingerbread Man. It was really cute. Brynn is looking forward to Christmas vacation, she's been having some trouble with moving this time, it's not a big move but, still change. She's been pretty upset every morning when I take her to school, crying and not wanting me to leave. It has sucked. I also think she's catching another bug so, that might be part of her upset. Parker has been all over the place lately. He chipped his front tooth in the bathtub. Nothing severe, nothing that anyone would notice but us or if you looked at pictures before and after. A little sliver between his two front teeth is gone, he's got a little gap now where he had absolutely none before. He's going to the dentist to make sure it's all good. We went to Chris' Christmas Party last weekend, it was very different from last year. Not many people showed up to this one and they were all kept to their groups. We made the best of it and ended up having a great night. I took a high five to the forehead by a very drunk Sergeant. All in all it was fun. I have been getting my butt out in the cold cold weather and running again, I want to be able to run the 10 mile for the Foggy Bottoms in Humboldt in March. I'm sure I can do it, I just want to run it at an eight minute or less pace. I'm doing 6 miles at a 7:50-8 minute pace. I'm also training to run a marathon in San Francisco in July. So, I've got my work cut out for me but, I really want this and it's something I enjoy doing. Other than that, just getting ready for Christmas and Parker's big three year old birthday! Crazy how time flys!

2 comments:

just us said...

You would of had more fun if we were still in the office and were at the xmas party. :o)

Kelsey Marchi said...

Holy moly! You rock on running mother! I'm still remembering our 20 minute miles in high school! Can't wait to see you up here for the foggy bottom!