Sunday, August 9, 2009

What a weekend

My pretty girl
Parker feeling better today

Me and my girl


Daddy and Brynn watching cartoons

Poor baby fell asleep playing with his new flashlight. He was so sick

This is what he did when he was awake, never left the couch or the bed all day.

Brynn's cookie boquet she got from Grammy Deni and Poppi John

Ready to go pick Sissy up from school

Gotta have a snack right when she gets home from school


and not in the good way either. It was a very long weekend for the kids and I. Chris and I noticed that Parker felt warm when we went to pick Brynn up from school but we thought it was just cause he was playing hard. He couldn't possibly be getting sick again after last weekend. Well, Chris headed off to work and we had a good rest of our day. I put the kids to bed and Parker went to sleep amazingly easy. I thought it was weird but, I wasn't going to complain. It was short lived. He woke up an hour later screaming like he was hurt. I freaked out since I was home by myself, it was dark outside, so being the paranoid person I am, I grabbed a screwdriver that was on the counter and went upstairs (like someone is going to break in upstairs in Parker's room but, whatever) so, I got up there and he was boiling hot. I brought him downstairs he was 103.8. I stripped him down to his underwear and put him in bed with me. Well the fever wouldn't come down at all even with medicine. He had no complaints of anything hurting. I was just waiting for the puking to begin. It never did. Yesterday after the whole morning of Parker laying around and being in and out of consciousness Chris and I decided I should take him to urgent care since we couldn't wake him easily. Well Chris couldn't go since he had to head to work so, I had to take both kids to Urgent Care. I thought I was going to lose it, Brynn was horrible there, Parker was screaming cause he didn't want to be there and wanted to go to bed. The doctor came in and checked him out and couldn't find any signs of a cold, ear infections... nothing. We tried to get a urine sample but, he wasn't havin' any of that. So, two hours later they sent us home with antibiotics to be on the safe side. The doctor said there's obviously some kind of infection going on for his fever to be that high and nothing bringing it down. We got home and finally with upping his doses of motrin and tylenol his fever came down a little. Today he's actually playing a little and is turning back into himself. So, who knows.
Brynn woke up this morning with a stuffed up nose and was pretty tired and laid around most of the morning. Luckily she snapped out of it and turned into herself. I was beginning to think that kindergarten was the devil! The last two weekends we've had someone sick. Hopefully next weekend will be pretty boring and no more illnesses dang it!
So, on the other happenings of the week.
We went to back to school night on Thursday, it was great. We met a lot of the other parents including Brynn's best buddy Karsyn's mom. We seemed to click and loved the fact that the girls were such good buddies even being as bossy as they both are. We are going to have Karsyn come over some days after school so they can play. Brynn's pretty excited. So, at the back to school night, I volunteered to be Room Mom. I'm pretty excited since I want to help out as much as possible. Another mom also volunteered so we are going to share the responsibilities and plan together. It's Brynn's other friend Kaitlyn's mom who's doing this with me.
Friday after school we were walking home and Brynn was so excited and told us she was going to show us something she learned at school when we got home. We came in the door and she opened her backpack pulled out a little paper book and read the whole story to us all by herself. It was so cute! I'm so proud of her, she's really catching on quickly. She was grinning from ear to ear while reading it. Such a great milestone.

1 comment:

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

It's so neat to see our kids develop. Way to go Brynn reading a book all by yourself! That cookie bouquet is awesome.