Parker the devil
Brynn and Parker passing time before trick or treating
Daddy and Parker
Us at the last house of the night
Doesn't she look like an innocent devil?
At Brynn's school
Brynn and her posse waiting for their treats
My birthday cake, it looks way better in person and tasted so good!
The bakersLet me just say my birthday was great, even if I wasn't feeling well. I took Brynn to swimming lessons like I do every Thursday but, this time it was just the two of us since Chris had the day off. We came home and Chris and the kids made me a birthday cake (chocolate raspberry). We just hung out all day. Chris had to go to the dentist since his temporary crown fell off and his mouth was hurting. When he got home we watched tv with the kids and got take out from a great little pub here in town. We had never tried it before but, man it's good. Then we ate cake and called it a night.
Halloween was so fun this year! Brynn had her Halloween party at school so, we went to watch and help out. The kids were all dressed up in their costumes. The two classes got lined up and went trick or treating down the sidewalk to some of the other parents. They came back to the classroom and had their Halloween treats. It was so fun to watch Brynn in a setting with other kids her age and see her interact with all her friends. She is very passive with one group of her friends but, the boss of her best friend. It was cute. Parker loved being at Brynn's school. He thought he was such a big boy getting to sit at the table with his sister and her friends. You could just see him light up when he was allowed to sit there.
So, after school Brynn came home and we got her changed into her devil costume... she couldn't wear it to school since it was too hard to get out of. We had lunch and headed to my Aunt Sherry's. The kids played while we waited for it to get dark enough to trick or treat. The first couple of houses I carried Parker since he had no clue what was going on but, once he saw what Brynn was doing and how much fun she was having, he refused to be held. He would run door to door with Brynn dragging his bag behind him. There was one house that I refused to go to since I had a feeling that people were going to jump out at us and I can't handle that so, Brynn just walked up like she owned the place. She made it up the driveway when a kid stands up in the lawn fully costumed and runs up behind her yelling and holding a fake hatchet, she turned around looked at him and was doing one of those laughs where I could tell she was truely scared. She was backtracking trying to get to us. She made it back and the kid was still right next to her. I told her just tell him you aren't afraid of him. She did and he told her to go get candy. Chris took Parker and they all went up to the door. They got one more surprise at the door, another guy jumped out at them and Parker freaked out and screamed. They got their candy and a little scare with that house. It was pretty funny. So, other than that we went around my aunt's neighborhood and boy did the kids score on candy. We drove home last night and the kids fell asleep in the car.
On another note, I've talked to the doctor yesterday and today about my labs. They are still pending because they are having a hard time figuring part of them out I guess and doesn't want to give the results until they have it all figured out. The doctor did say she wants to do full blood work and possibly a CT scan on my kidneys and referring me to a urologist. So that should be sometime this coming week. I'm calling them back Monday morning and hopefully all the labs will be back and I'll know something more. We also have Parker's doctor's appointment at UCSF on Thursday so, keep your fingers crossed that everything will be fine!

3 comments:
That's so funny! We didn't run into any scary houses :( I am not a huge fan of them, but a little scare is always fun! :D That innocent devil pic of Brynn is sooo gorgeous, and she *does look innocent! Too cute! I hope everything turns out ok with your results, I'm rooting for you! xoxox
Looks like you guys had fun! I love the devil costumes. . .too cute!!!
OH. . .Happy Birthday. . .again! :o)
Post a Comment