Monday, October 29, 2007

More from Stanford....

So we got some news from Stanford early last week about Parker's last lab. The doctor we talked to said that his labs came back normal and that he doesn't need his medication and the genetics test appeared to be negetive but, they weren't sure. She also said that she didn't know anything about Parker's case since it was the first time she had seen his chart. She said to call the next day to see about talking to his regular doctor and scheduling an appointment. So I called last Wednesday and left a message. No phone call back from them the rest of last week. So today I called to talk to his doctor and the lady I talked to said "Oh Dr. Chi, she doesn't work here any longer, she finished her fellowship." Then I say, so what do I do now. She told me that she wasn't sure but, I could talk to the doctor on call. I said I already talked to the doctor she wanted me to talk to and she didn't know anything about Parker. I asked if I could talk to one of the other fellows that we'd talked to before and she said "Oh Dr. Forghani no longer works here, she finished her fellowship." Then I was stumped... I told the girl on the phone to just have the on call doctor call us back. This evening we got a phone call from some other doctor and she said that Parker doesn't appear to need his medication at this point and that the genetics test did come back negetive but, that the test isn't 100% that he doesn't have it since there is about a 5% chance that the tests are wrong. She said she's going to talk with the schedulers and see if we can get Parker in to see someone in the next four weeks so that we can sort this all out. So, as of right now, we have no clue whether he has the disease or not, if he has to be treated later in life or not. As you can tell, I'm a little stressed out about all of this right now. It will be interesting to see what they have to say, since we've been told multiple times that Parker was fine and didn't have the disease and then they turn it right back around and say he does have it. I'm learning not to get my hopes up because something always changes. Anyway, I just thought I'd update you all on what is going on now. We'll let you all know more as soon as we hear back from them again.

No comments: